We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Tick box to say success and previous posting box

Duncanf
Resolved

Likes # 0

I've used the helproom for many years with the old layout but can't find the place where you tick to say questions have been solved and also the search box for previously published posts on the new layout. Help please.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

At the side of your posts there are some grey arrows,Click on one till it turns green and then close the thread and thats it.

Like this post
Duncanf

Likes # 0

Thanks buteman.....couldn't see anything to say that! Many thanks.

Like this post  
Duncanf

Likes # 0

Thanks buteman.....couldn't see anything to say that! Many thanks....got green arrow BUT HOW DO YOU CLOSE THE POST????

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

You have 'closed' it, or at least ticked it 'Resolved' but that doesn't stop anyone from adding further posts to thread. Same as it was with old site.

Like this post
Duncanf

Likes # 0

I closed it by coming right out of PC Advisor because I couldn't find any place to tick 'Resolved.'

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

All you do when the arrow is ticked is just come out of that thread if you want to stay on PCA.

Just click on the back arrow on the top left till you get back on which forum page that you were on and the refresh the page and you will see the resolved arrow on your post.

We all had trouble with that when the new browser started.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite