We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Trojan problem

eysha

Likes # 0

My daughter got a trojan in her computer. I have used road kill on it without success. any other good programmes you can recommend would be great or do i have to wipe the hard drive - i hope not, lol. Thanks in advance E.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Try This.

1. Turn off computer ,then turn on and start tapping F8
  2. When the Advanced startup options appear Select Safe mode With Networking
  3. Open internet explorer goto google.com ,download Hitman pro "32-bit or 64-bit depending on your Os"
  4. Run Hitman pro ,let this scan the computer
  5. Activate Free Licence
  6. Reboot Pc

Infection Removed..!

Like this post
eysha

Likes # 0

Thanks, just looked but it is only a 30 day free programme and needs a key. how is the free license activated?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

You get 30 days free and it will remove anything that it finds.

Or try Malwarebytes free if you are unsure how to use Hitman pro.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Or just go into License and activate.It is a while since I used it but as far as I remember thats how you do it.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Malwarebytes

SuperAntispyware

The free versions are good enough

Like this post
eysha

Likes # 0

Thanks but the prolem still exists. I know the name of some of the trojans which are; Varient of win32/olmarik.auptrojan varient of win32/kryptik.nyrtrojan win32/spy.zbot.ywtrojan

So far it they have taken all pictures, music, documents etc and the screen is black.

Have used all the programmes advised plus all the ones we had and have scanned several times to no avail.

Any more suggestions before i have to format the hard drive as i really don't want to. Many thanks E.

Like this post
C3

Likes # 0

You may want to look at running Combofix as well. I find it picks up stuff that Malwarebytes misses at times.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/anti-virus/combofix

All the files may have been hidden, so they should still be there.

Go to Control Panel, open Folder Options and on View and in the Advanced Settings change the option for View Hidden Files And Folders.

Hopefully you should be able to see all the files again.

I ran into this trojan a couple of weeks ago, it really is a pain. To Unhide them you can either click on the parent folder (My Documents, Desktop etc), right-click and select properties and take a tick out of the box for Hide.

Personally I just created a new user then copied all the data over from the old profile to the new one.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

link text

Ok what is road kill I have never heard of it before.Did none of those programs you downloaded not find anything.

Try this one then if you can download it.Trojan Remover

It is a pay for program but you get 30 day trial and it will remove anything that it finds.

If it asks for payment ignore it and carry on with the scan.

Not sure what your problem is what program found the Trojan.

If a trojan you would have thought one of those programs would have found it as they are all very good.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Sorry ignore those last links and try this one.Trojan Remover

Like this post
eysha

Likes # 0

Many thanks for all the help. Following C3s instructions we now have the documents back but some things are still gone. for example the bin on the desktop is not there now and the photos are very dull and washed out with little colour and the favourites list is gone too. I ran roadkill again and it found Microsoft security client/anti maleware/mpcmdrun.exe and deleted it. I will runall the other anti maleware/spywear programms and see what happens but how do we get the bin back? an i take it that the programme named above was a nasty? E.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The 30 best TV shows on Netflix UK: Our pick of the best programmes you can watch right now

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review (2.6GHz, 128GB, mid-2014)