We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Trojan problem

eysha

Likes # 0

My daughter got a trojan in her computer. I have used road kill on it without success. any other good programmes you can recommend would be great or do i have to wipe the hard drive - i hope not, lol. Thanks in advance E.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Fix the recycle bin from microsoft for XP or Vista.link text

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

I take it that programme was a nasty?

No, just part of Microsoft security

Click Here

Like this post
eysha

Likes # 0

Thanks Buteman. Thanks Onthelimit1. How can she get her favourites back and the colour on her desktop of her photos etc, they all look washed out and poor, her E for the internet is missing as is MSN. There is nothing in the start menu either, does she have to start again?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

If she has the proper Windows CD she could try sfc /scannow in command prompt but it may ask for the CD to be installed.

If windows7 no problem it does it without the CD.

Like this post
eysha

Likes # 0

I do have a legal CD. when we bought the Toshibas there was no CD you had to make your own from the options that came with it and i did. What is fsc?

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

mpcmdrun.exe is the application file for Windows Defender and is part of Microsoft Security Essential so should not have been deleted!!

Like this post
eysha

Likes # 0

bremner, roadkill got rid of it so how do i get it back?

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Reinstall Microsoft Security Essentials.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

eysha.

Sounds as though it is just a back up disc for restoring the computer.best waiting for someone else to give you the proper information but I do not think that will work.

sfc /scannow will repair any problems that it finds with Windows.You can try without the CD but if it then asks for it you have to come back out of it.

What Windows set up is your daughter using XP.Vista.W/7.

I still don't have a clue as to what Road Kill is. is it an anti-malware program.I have never heard of it before.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Buteman i am not exactly sure what your last refers to but

System File Checker (SFC) will not repair MSE.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...