We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HP Laptop HP Stuff

catpwss

Likes # 0

Hi,I got this hp compaq laptop with windows 7,Been looking at what junk was on it with hp well found these. Does this laptop warrent all these hp items. 1.Magic Desktop 2.HP Advisor 3.HP Quick Launch 4.HP Support Assistant 5.HP user Guide 6.HP games Does it look that these are not essentials to run this pc,regarding No.6 games i dont play any games I'm not a gamer. Any help here please.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

I have disabled or removed most of my HP stuff as you can go to the Website for Updated Drivers etc. Only thing I have left running in MSCONFIG is HP Wireless Assistant

Mine is a HP510 Centrino cpu 2.13GHz Mobil M processor XP Home

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I wouldn't remove the HP user guide. It doesn't take up much room and I've used my guide. HP Advisor is fairly useless.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Magic Desktop is a kiddies environment/games. Suitable to 6yrs? There ain't no kids that young touching my laptop.

I disabled the HP dock on startup but kept all the other HP stuff. It doesn't do any harm but I did come very close to deleting it all.

The tune-up is pretty crap though and I've been using this laptop for 18 months and never noticed any useful updates when it runs.

Kept Games for visitors.

My Support (CQ61-320SA) docs/downloads are pretty good on-line from HP. User Guide also redundant.

I have only recently done a Factory Restore so became re-acquainted with it all.

Use PC Decrapifier to do the honours. Nice little multi uninstaller.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Sorry thinking of wrong User Guide..I didn't mean F1 Help

Like this post
catpwss

Likes # 0

Thanks all for replies,can anyone recommend out of the six hp items what should I keep or what I should get rid of,? Thanks.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes