We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Which malware protection

jason.p

Likes # 0

Having recovered from a nasty little bit of malware (MS removal tool) I have downloaded a trial version of Mamutu as suggested on this forum (thanks Buteman!) which appears to be working OK. When this trial ends I will have to decide which anti malware to purchase. My present choices seem to be Mamutu or Malwarebytes (which I also run as the free version). I think Malwarebytes is cheaper than Mamutu, but has anyone got any recommendations based on experience of any of the anti malware options? Thanks.... Jason (apologies if this appears twice. It wouldn't go first time!)

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

jason.p.

Downloaded it myself and it said a years registration but I only got to January next year. never mind it was free.

As far as I know MalwareBytes pro is a one off payment so may be your best bet.

I use Emisoft Anti Malware but you have to pay every year for that.

Mine runs out next month thats why I downloaded Mamutu while it was free.

Whatever one you are thinking of getting check for coupon codes for them and you can always pick them up cheaper.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Hi Jason if you download Mamutu from that link that I had you should have got a the keycode for the full version.

Like I said mine only covers me to next January.

It gave you a month to activate the keycode.

Like this post
jason.p

Likes # 0

Thanks Buteman. I followed your link, downloaded it (from CNET I think) and activated the code. This gave me 30 days trial of the full version which is about half way through. Sounds as if a "one-off" Malwarebytes may be my best bet. Thanks... Jason

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Must have done something wrong as it was supposed to give you a full year.Mine runs out next January.

Well like I said I think malwarebytes pro will work out the cheapest for you.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Picked this up from another forum which may help.link text

Also this http://pro.de/aktion/chip/antilogger

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Translated

Sorry the link never came out on the other post.

That should help stop you picking up any nasties.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Hi Jason.

I am not sure if that site is still active so best forgetting about it if you have not already downloaded it.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I use, and strongly recommend Malwarebytes Pro, excellent and worth every penny!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features