We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

M S Works spread sheet will not print

gel
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hello I use M S spread sheets file extension .xlr and I print with an Epson CX3200 Printing from my lap top with xp windows installed all is well. But I cannot print from my desk top with windows 7 installed Any suggestions please gel

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

How is the printer connected to the desktop pc? via a cable or wireless?

Was it previously working and printing ok from the desktop pc?

Like this post
gel

Likes # 0

The printer is connected by cable

The printer works ok from the desk top with everything but MS Works Spread sheet

I rarely need to print a spread sheet so I am not sure if it has suddenly developed a fault

It is a new desk top 5 months old and when I try printing spread sheets it hangs then whenI close I get message that the commuter Windows 7 is trying to resolve the problem but it does not gel

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I have not got Works Spreadsheet, (I have MS Office Excel) but think it will be similar.

From the drop down menu from File, top left on toolbar click on Print and see if your printer is correctly listed there.

Like this post
gel

Likes # 0

Thank you lotvic I will give it a try on Saturday And report back gel

Like this post
gel

Likes # 0

Hi I tried the lotvic suggestion but it did not work I have on my desk top Microsoft Excel Starter 2010 and that prints OK but since I do not have this programme on my lap top I use MS Works spread sheet which is simple and sufficient for my requirements gel

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

What version MS Works?

Having googled it there does seem to be a few others with same problem and various 'fixes' they have tried, but nothing for definite.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

I asume you have a excel type program on your computer, if so try this advice from microsoft.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/open-microsoft-works-files-in-excel-HA001044877.aspx

Terry

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

I have also found this link which should offer more advice.

http://www.microsoft.com/products/works/downloads.mspx

Terry

Like this post
gel

Likes # 0

Hello to all of you who have helped I have MS Works 7 so I went to the downloads suggested by Terry Brown Downloaded and now all is well I am printing from my desk top as normal and I am very grateful Thank you gel

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Nice one Terry :)

gel, to greentick mark as solved - click on the grey tick on the right of the answer that fixed it for you, and the tick will turn green. Thanks. and glad it's sorted.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Ultrasonic cover to aid the visually...

IDG UK Sites

Apple iWatch release date, rumours & images - October unveiling, December release expected

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

How the Oculus Rift VR headset is helping train the surgeons of tomorrow