We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

photos changing colour by themselves

Smokeyone

Likes # 0

In one of my folders some of the photos have either a yellow or green tint or a solid green bar across the bottom half of the photo. It appears to happen in only one folder and upon checking the folder several times I now notice that if I am quick when I open the folder I see the photos change before my eyes. I hope someone has some ideas please. Thanks

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Create a new folder and with out opening the files copy them across then look?

Also right click on a file and click on properties- what dies it tell you?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

If you pribt one of the photos does it print okay?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

PS the Folder Properties may have become corrupt

Like this post
Smokeyone

Likes # 0

Thank you all for trying to help. Tried printing but you just get a lovely print that is half solid green etc. Tried creating a new folder and transfering them across and for a few moments I thought all was well until the colour bars and tinting started to appear on various photographs all by itself. Perhaps someone could advise on what to look for in Folder properties... Thanks again

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

IF the Photo is not printing the colour it should be, then the Photo file is corrupt

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

PS what can be the reason for this? editing same phot in different editing Programs, Its when they are saved that does it

Like this post
Smokeyone

Likes # 0

None of the shots have been edited, they were just saved as was a couple of years ago and now when I opened the folder ..... I have no idea of the problem but strange the photos are okay for a second or so after the folder is opened and then change before your very eyes...

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Smokeyone

Do you have other folders that contain pictures, on the same drive?

Like this post
Smokeyone

Likes # 0

Yes, loads and touch wood they seem okay ...........

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Were all the photo's taken by the same camera and in the same format?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features