We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Lexmark X4580 print problem

Paul M

Likes # 0

I have a problem with my Lexmark X4580 printer/copier/scanner - when I try to print I get a messsage "Unsupported print cartridge" but it's a Lexmark cartridge.

The scanner works fine.

I have re-installed the printer but the problem stays the same.

Can anyone help with this problem, please?

Like this post
Paul M

Likes # 0

Help!

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

It is saying that it does not reconsize the cartridge.

Remove the cartridge and with a small amount of Isopropyl (CD Cleaner liquid)- TIP if you do not have any go to a pound shop and get a DVD cleaner kit- A lot cheaper than Maplin-.

Use a soft tissue and a very small amount of liquid, Gently wipe the contact points on the cartridge and the printer. Allow to dry (10 minutes) and replace.

You could also try Turn of printer, disconnecting the power cable and the USB cable. wait a few minutes and reconnecting.

Terry

Like this post
Paul M

Likes # 0

No USB cable - it's a wireless printer -I've already tried turning it off etc (several times) but your suggestion of cleaning the contacts sounds a really good one - I'll try it - thanks very much.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Invite confirms 9 September launch

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...