We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PCA dead in the water

woodchip
Resolved

Likes # 0

It is hear, and never know it as bad as this. If this as been moved to another server. Looks like it needs moving back.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Slow first thing. Now not so bad.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Cannot understand it, one minute it will not move just like its dead then next minute its that fast, its changed pages without me noticing it. I have now turned Java Script off and its seems to be okay for the Mo

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I wonder if it is slow whilst they are updating the site. Perhaps wishful thinking as we're still waiting for the updates.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Wonder if Peter can tell us what's the reason

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

PS it took me about twenty minutes to get logged in

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Seems like very few posts today.

Like this post
RussB78

Likes # 0

If this site isn`t dead in the water, it does a damn good impression of one that is. This is the sixth time i`ve tried to post today, and there is a definite shortage of posts at the moment.

Like this post
LastChip

Likes # 0

Guys! Look, I'm not trying to defend PCA, but please appreciate, this is a major upgrade.

I can tell you from my own experience, CMS (content management systems) on which PCA is based, can be notoriously difficult to get up to speed.

They are never going to be as fast as a conventional website, but equally, you need a CMS to enjoy the interaction that it provides (ie posts).

If you all recall, the last time there was a similar change, PCA exhibited much the same problems, but in time, it was cured.

I'm quite sure, the management of PCA and Peter are less than pleased with the reliability and speed currently being exhibited. But give it time, and as before, I'm sure all will be well.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

LastChip

I'm sure what you say is most probably true. But it still doesn't send out a good image to lesser computer savvy people and newbee's who come on here looking for help with their problems. If the site that they're turning is having so much trouble trying to get their own house in order, does it?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Graphicool1

I will give you 3 * for that

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...