We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

TomTom Home

ianeon

Likes # 0

I have tried to run "TomTom Home" on my computer - Windows 7 Home Premium.

It installs OK - but when I try to run it - I get the error "HOME runtime.exe failed with error 0"

I have tried various solutions, from other forums, to solve this problem, but none of them work.

Does anyone here have a good solution to this common problem /

Thank you for your time - Ian

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Try a complete uninstall using something like Revo Free Version Revo Free version, remove all traces and re-install.

Like this post
ianeon

Likes # 0

Woolwell - Thank you for that thought - but I have already done this at least three times.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Did you find this Runtime error especially the bit about regedit?

Like this post
ianeon

Likes # 0

Woolwell - again thank you for your interest in my problem - yes I have done the regedit bit - I also used a programme called "WinTools.net Professional" to clean my computer.

I even installed an earlier copy of Home to see if that would make a difference - lol
Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

In which case I can only suggest that you get in touch with TomTom. I have found them helpful before.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Have you tried running it in XP Compatibility Mode?

Like this post
ianeon

Likes # 0

Woodchip - yes I did. Woolwell - I did as you suggested and I got referred to their FAQ/forums. The crumb of comfort is that I am not the only person with this problem. Apparently the last version has a few problems.

Both of you - "thank you for your interest in my problem."

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

ianeon

I have TomTom Home version 2.8.1.2218 and it is working fine on Win 7 Home Premium. May be if you check with TomTom they will point you in the right direction. They are available via e mail. Try their website. Equally so, can you try and install an earlier version like mine and see if it works OK for you. [link text][1]

Cheers

TonyV

[1]: http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/minordetail/aid/13348/TomTom Runtime help

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

Don't know what happened to the link, but you can copy and past the link shown at the bottom of my missive by editing out the last 4 words!

TonyV

Like this post
ianeon

Likes # 0

TonyV - thank you for that.

I'm now in contact with someone called "Ruth" at TomTom - she is trying to help me solve this problem.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 530 review: £60 smartphone offers decent build and performance, awful screen and...

IDG UK Sites

Apps watch: What the NFL can teach UK sports such as cricket and rugby

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: Video shows 'new, reversable iPhone 6 cha'......