We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Samsung RV511 upgradeable?

edkatron

Likes # 0

Hi,

I am considering getting a Samsung RV511 as part of a mobile plus laptop deal. I think the one they will send me is equipped with an intel chipset but the model also supports Nvidia GeForce 315M. Does anyone know if it's possible to/worth getting hold of the GeForce card and either self installing or having it installed. I only ask as this is a relatively useful spec 'free laptop' deal and I don't have much spare cash lieing around right now. Thanks for any advice.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 1

Upgrading laptops, apart from the RAM is not easy. I think that upgrading the graphics is unlikely.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features