We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Updates

jjgall26

Likes # 0

Is it just me or is anyone else getting hit with Updates from Microsoft every day? I re-installed Windows7 last week and have been getting updates on a continuous basis ever since. Any comments, folks? Cheers.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

There were updates last night.But getting continuous updates may mean that you are getting the same updates every day and they are not downloading properly. Maybe check the windows update History to make sure that is not happening.

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Did you do all the updates when you reinstalled the OS; It may take several visits to the site? If you didn't end up wit a screen telling you there were no updates available then you will get the pop-up.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

My only experience with a Windows re-Installation is from quite a while ago and that this is fairly normal, as there are a considerable number of files to be downloaded.

Like this post
jjgall26

Likes # 0

Thanks. They all seem to be different downloads but I`m running Microsoft Security Essentials and some are updates for this. I did a full Update after re-installing including Service Pack 1. Any way to tweak MSE to stop being pestered with these updates every day? Thanks.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

What are the updates that are every day. Do you mean the same one or different ones ?

Like this post
jjgall26

Likes # 0

Different ones.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Unfortunately MSE uses windows update. You can ignore them as they will download automatically to MSE. Best bet would be to stop automatic update and start downloading manually.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

I do not understand how you can be getting different ones every day..5 or 6 different ones every week ? My system is set to auto, but I only get the monthly ones and the odd one now and again. There have not been daily different ones over the past few weeks. MSE may well offer new ones daily if it is the culprit. If so, why would you want to stop them. Just set MSE to update automatically and they will be done in the background. If you don't like this, then consider another AV/Adware program.

Like this post
kdt

Likes # 0

They are new definitions if you check the numbers. If you have automatic install then no need to download manually.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...