We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Purchasing Malwarebytes Pro - good idea or not?

Happy37
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hello everyone - as per the question above, I am running Spybot Search & Destroy, Avast Antivirus Free and Spyware Blaster on my 2 PCs. I also use Malwarebytes Free on a weekly/fortnightly basis to scan for malware.

All has been working well, but I am thinking to go a step further and purchase the Pro version of Malwarebytes.

From reading round, I have found that it offers "real-time" protection that the free version doesn't do. Is there anything else that would persuade me to go down this route and purchase the Pro version?

Can I install the Pro version on both of my PCs?

Can I use a coupon code taken from the link below to purchase at a reduced price or not?

http://www.malware-coupon.comlink text

Grateful for any advice that you may all be able to provide.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

happy37

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

On the basis that not one Security Suite will stop nasties downloading on to your computer you need something with full time protection and I would say a deffinate yes to buying the Pro version of Malwarebytes.

I believe it is a one of payment but not 100% sure.

Look on the internet for Coupon codes for MalwareBytes till you get one that works you can normally save £5 or more doing it that way.

Like this post
Happy37

Likes # 0

Oops - Nontek, have just seen your earlier reply at 09.40. That says it all really.

Many thanks.

Happy37

Like this post
ventanas

Likes # 0

I do have the pro version, but stopped using it a while back because of constant false positives. This has probably been fixed now, but while it was happening it won't let your PC start because of the "danger."

Eventually had to go into safe mode to turn off the start with Windows option. So lost faith in it a bit.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I have been using the Pro version for some time, can't remember exactly how long, but I have not encountered any of the 'problems' mentioned by ventanas. Malwarebytes has never interfered with the operation of my PC - So if there was a problem, it must have been fixed long-since.

Like this post
Happy37

Likes # 0

Hi buteman

Morning - thanks for your reply. Hope all is well.

I believe it is a one-off payment.

I have looked for and found a coupon code at:-

link text

This should work - by the way, can you confirm if I can use the Pro version on 2 PCs, or will I have to buy a separate licence for each PC?

Many thanks.

Regards

Happy37

Like this post
ventanas

Likes # 0

It will install on as many as you want

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Yes that coupon code works as you can tick coupon code on this and then add the coupon code.

Malwarebytes add coupon code

Like this post
Happy37

Likes # 0

@buteman

Thanks for your reply - much appreciated.

@ventanas

Please correct me if I am wrong here, but it says on the Malwarebytes site that the FREE version can be installed on as many PCs as is needed.

The paid version has to installed on 1 PC each, with one separate licence for each PC.

Can someone please kindly confirm if this is indeed the case.

Many thanks.

Regards

Happy37

Like this post
Happy37

Likes # 0

@buteman

Thanks for your reply - much appreciated.

@ventanas

Please correct me if I am wrong here, but it says on the Malwarebytes site that the FREE version can be installed on as many PCs as is needed.

The paid version has to installed on 1 PC each, with one separate licence for each PC.

Can someone please kindly confirm if this is indeed the case.

Many thanks.

Regards

Happy37

Like this post
ventanas

Likes # 0

That's probably what they want, but I've got it on three machines, and nobody's screamed yet

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...