We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Purchasing Malwarebytes Pro - good idea or not?

Happy37
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hello everyone - as per the question above, I am running Spybot Search & Destroy, Avast Antivirus Free and Spyware Blaster on my 2 PCs. I also use Malwarebytes Free on a weekly/fortnightly basis to scan for malware.

All has been working well, but I am thinking to go a step further and purchase the Pro version of Malwarebytes.

From reading round, I have found that it offers "real-time" protection that the free version doesn't do. Is there anything else that would persuade me to go down this route and purchase the Pro version?

Can I install the Pro version on both of my PCs?

Can I use a coupon code taken from the link below to purchase at a reduced price or not?

http://www.malware-coupon.comlink text

Grateful for any advice that you may all be able to provide.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

happy37

Like this post
Happy37

Likes # 0

Apologies, the link in my post above is incorrect.

It should be:-

link text

Please ignore the link in my first post.

Thanks.

Happy37

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

the free one i think is enough

Like this post
Happy37

Likes # 0

sunnystaines

Many thanks for your reply.

Can I please ask what you are basing your reply on? - I'd like to know more so that I can make the right decision in due course.

Regards

Happy37

Like this post
Happy37

Likes # 0

Can anyone else please advise on my query - many thanks.

Regards

Happy37

Like this post
quiblum

Likes # 0

The free version is fine. All you get extra in the paid for version are auto updates and flash scans.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I would strongly advise getting the Pro Version of Malwarebytes. It is definitely better than the free version. I have upgraded to the Pro version after an attack while using the free version. Have had no problems since.

Like this post
Happy37

Likes # 0

quiblum

Thanks for your reply - please tell me what flash scans does?

Would the "real-time" protection interfere with the general running of the PC when browsing the Net, or streaming audio, for example?

Many thanks.

Regards

Happy37

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

You will not notice the Real-time protection in action until it finds and intercepts a possible attack, it does not interfere with anything you are doing on the PC. It does tell you if/when it has taken action.

Like this post
Happy37

Likes # 0

Nontek

Many thanks - so, would you recommend the Pro version yourself (are you using it?)

Regards

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Yes on both counts!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed