We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

print spooler not running but it is

weemacs

Likes # 0

I have four pc's networked to my hp deskjet f4180 three print perfectly to it and the fourth comes up with message unable to display pronter properties print spooler is not running. I have stopped and started the spooler in services and set it to automatic but still the same message the printer also works for WePrint so I can only imagine the problem lies with this one particular pc which is running XP sp2. any ideas.

Like this post
Les28

Likes # 0

Nothing to do with print spooler dependencies it it on that pc ?

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

link text

try here

Like this post
weemacs

Likes # 0

If you follow that link and carry out the steps it scans the pc but then wants you to buy the software

Like this post
raziel08

Likes # 0

Sounds like the print spooler file might be corrupt. Replacing that might resolve it

should be found in C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe

take an copy from an working machine and copy it over to the non working machine.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 930 review: The flagship Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Live Blog: Apple financial results, record June quarter, 35.2m iPhones sold, $37.4b revenue

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger