We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Win 7 Service Pack 1 Question

ventanas

Likes # 0

Basically are there still issues with this, depending on brand of PC

I have a new HP laptop for the office, and having got all the available updates (Keeps telling me Windows is up to date) I haven't been offered the service pack. And it's not already on - have checked.

Grateful for any guidance.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Just bought a new HP laptop. Set to notify but not download or install updates. First day it offered 63 updates. Two failed to install at the time but installed later in the day. On the second day I checked Windows Update and said it was up to date. Later I received further updates in drips and drabs. Eventually got the SP1 update. I think Windows updates in a particular order before SP1 is offered.

Like this post
ventanas

Likes # 0

Ok, Thanks very much

I'll keep trying over the next couple of days.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

You can download and do it manually if you want to get it over and done with.

Method 6 here

I have it and have just done a clean install, updates remaining off. I was going to install SP1 and then turn updates back on. After rdave's comments I dunno if that will work.

Not in the mood to sort it today anyway. Updates are a right pain sometimes.

Like this post
bluesbrother

Likes # 0

Never thought about it till now but I didn't get it either, and it seems we are not alone. From HP Support Forum "It seems to be the fault of a Intel Graphics Driver" link text There is mention of a workaround but I haven't looked at it yet.

Like this post
ventanas

Likes # 0

This happened with Vista as well. I recall it was a Sound Driver in my case. Eventually got the pack about six months after first release.

This seems a good reason to leave HP alone in future.

My three home PC's are Acer and the service pack went onto those with absolute ease.

I suppose it will be sorted in time.

Like this post
ventanas

Likes # 0

Sorted now. Got an update (from Windows Update) for the Intel Chipset Display last thing yesterday. The service pack was offered this morning. Going on now.

Thanks for the help

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 930 review: The flagship Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Live Blog: Apple financial results, record June quarter, 35.2m iPhones sold, $37.4b revenue

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger