We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Help needed to open Seagate 2TB Ex-Drive

zxscan

Likes # 0

Sys files been moved to Folder(same Ex-Drive) and whilst did work on old PC, everything was OK, but now (got another PC) can't connect to Ex-Drive. Supose, PC can't find Ex-Drive's Sys Files. I'm right? If, Yes, then have any ideas, please? p.s. Seagate service haven't any answers, on any question answer is: the same Help sheet, but there are not answer on my question, sorry. So, thank You for any idea, how to solve this. I know, simplest way is to forgot, but there are 2TB's. Thank You.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Sys files been moved to Folder(same Ex-Drive) and Supose, PC can't find Ex-Drive's Sys Files

Please explain what you did with more details. Also what operating system on old pc and new pc?

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

A little more information may help others help you.

What OS are you using. How are the Ex-Drives connected. Is the drive showing in in Disk Management. Do you ge any error messages.

If the Drives are showing in Disk Management check they have a drive letter assigned.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Also need to know which Ext-Drive you have Seagate Ext-Drives there may be some software you can download to fix it.

Like this post
zxscan

Likes # 0

More Info : Old Pc : OS Win 7 ; New Pc : OS Win 7; Connection: USB 2.0 ; Nowere can find any connection results. At start, when plug in started to spin, but thats it. No one warning from PC. Looks like, PC ignore at all. Is it possible to use the same SysFiles from analog Seagate Ex-Drive?

Like this post
zxscan

Likes # 0

Seagate Expansion 2TB External Drive; USB 2.0; ST320005EXD101-RK;

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Was it you that made a new folder and moved the SysFiles into the folder?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

At start, when plug in started to spin, but thats it

Does it continue to spin or does it power down and go 'dead'

Have you checked that all the leads are firmly plugged in and not loose?

Have you tried putting it in a different USB port? and if possible can you try it on a different pc.

The model you have seems to be a plug and play and does not require any additional software.

Like this post
zxscan

Likes # 0

Yes I made folder and move SysFiles to it. I'm scared to lost some of them (why Seagate left SysFiles able to see, don't know, I think they have been hidden, as for Windows), and PC+ExDrive still worked on old PC. Yes, ExDrive tried to connect (all time spining: faster-slower, faster-slower); Yes, tried to connect to different USB ports. No result.

Thank You.

Like this post
zxscan

Likes # 0

Tried to connect to different PC (Win XP Pro). Also started to spin (at least ten times clicking (something trying to do) and gone sleep. No one message or warning on screen got. Can't recognize and I can't to see this Driver anywere. Thank You.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Have a look through the posts on Seagate forum as there seem to be some issues with that model of drive, it may have gone bad and not be an issue of the sysfiles.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more