We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Call Centres

morddwyd
Resolved

Likes # 0

Just had to change some car insurance details and was put onto the dreaded non-UK call centre.

A job that should have taken two minutes took twenty.

I'm afraid they have now lost my business.

Any recommendations for decent motor insurers with UK call centres?

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

I went with the AA this year and received an amazingly competative quote for a major company. I was assured that I would have access to UK Call Centres but so far I have not had to test the assurance. I've just had the nightmare of BT's Indian Call Centres and I'm doing my very best to get out of any committment I may have made to them.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Churchill?

Like this post
lucky1

Likes # 0

Don't laugh but we've been with Kwik Fit Insurance for several years. Guaranteed UK call centres and very helpful and competitive they are too.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Three years ago I had insurance through the Post Office, last and this year it was from the Cooperative. Both use the BSL (compare insurance) call centre in Peterborough.

Argos use a call centre in the North of England, wouldn't recommend them though, the price is cheap, but the customer service is poor.

Regarding Kwik Fit, a neighbours young lad uses them, and he is constantly changing his 'must go faster' super cars. He seems to get on well with that insurance outlet.

Like this post
Graham.

Likes # 0

I've been with Swinton for donkey's years for car and home insurance. They'll find the best deal for you Swinton

Like this post  
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Thanks all

Like this post
anchor

Likes # 0

Churchill Insurance call centres are bases in the UK.

Quote from their web site

"All Churchill's contact centres are in the UK, so you will never need to speak to a person based in another country"

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Graham

I used Swinton for a number of years for car and home insurance, but I gave up with them when I found that their renewals were becoming expensive, compared to their on-line quotes. The local (now closed) Swinton agency would price-match if I brought in the on-line quotation. Without that printed quote, they said that they couldn't do anything, except to accept the renewal letter figure for insurance continuation?.

I also found that the AA and Swinton could quote the same insurance company with the same terms and conditions, but the AA was far more expensive, due to what they stated "we the AA give a better service".

Both companies eventually lost my business, and I now use on-line compare insurance recommendations. Far cheaper and just as good, if not better!.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Liverpool Victoria

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Used them for home insurance for about twenty years.

Perhaps I'll get a discount!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes