We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Voyager 2110 router setup.

wallnook

Likes # 0

Somebody reset my router. i run a small business and need to update my point of sales software on my PC from 2 tills via my router. The pos software calls for data from 192.168.0.11 and 192.168.0.20. As I understand it this means my DHCP (?) has to be set up to handle fixed IP address rater than dynamically allocate them(?)

Anyone know how I do this

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

It would normally be the network adapter in the client device which is configured with a fixed IP address rather than getting it by DHCP from the router. However, some routers can be configured to allocate a specific IP address to a particular network adapter, recognised by its MAC address (Media Access Control or "physical" address).

If you cannot manually configure the devices which need to have the addresses 192.168.0.11 & 192.168.0.20 (with Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0), then go into the router's DHCP settings to allocate those addresses to the relevant adapter MAC addresses.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

The Samsung Gear VR is better than the Oculus Rift (kinda)

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today