We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Google Chrome

bpzoom
Resolved

Likes # 0

The translation facility for foreign language web pages is very useful. You get a basic rough translation by clicking it. My question is this. I might get permission to access the website of at least one society I belong to. If I typed up a page of foreign text, got permission to upload it to a society website, I assume or hope the Google translator would provide a basic translation into English. How do I upload text? For example, do I type it in WORD and then PDF it before uploading to the text area provided, or is it more complicated than that? My objective is to solve a long standing problem trying to understand Swedish, Danish and Icelandic articles. This might be a way round it.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Try Google Translate Google Translate You will also find it from Google home pae and top left More and click on down arrow

Like this post  
bpzoom

Likes # 0

Thank you Woolwell. The Google Translate was very good indeed when I tried it on two Icelandic articles. A few tweaks and reference to a dictionary was all that was needed to edit them. And I thought Google Translate only did the "main" languages like German, French etc. Many thanks for your help.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes