We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Help with mouse please

liloldlady

Likes # 0

Hi I am using a Microsoft wireless optical mouse 3000, on a laptop running Vista home. All of a sudden it is not working, I mean that the arrow is still working in as much as it moves around the page but when I click on a link, any link, it wont work, I have to then do it from the Laptop instead, I have put in a new battery so it can't be that....Any ideas please...Thanks Val

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Have a look at this and follow the instructions for re-synchronising the mouse to the receiver and that the USB port being used is functioning correctly.

If this fails come back with what you found and we'll try again.

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Would help if I posted the link!!!! link text

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Go to Device Manager and Then go to Human interface Device, Uninstall HID then restart PC for them to be Reinstalled you Can use the Keyboard to shut down. Windows Key then arrow key Shift to choose Restart then press enter key

Like this post
liloldlady

Likes # 0

Hi, Woodchip and John, I have tried both of your suggestions but the mouse still wont work. Anything else we can try?

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

It is beginning to sound as if the mouse may have died. Have been out today so let me think overnight.

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Meanwhile have a look at these and see if any give a clue link text link text

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Have all the mouse buttons stopped working or is it just the left click one. For example if you use the right click button on the desktop do you get a drop down menu?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Faulty mouse, if still under warranty, take it back.

Like this post
liloldlady

Likes # 0

Hi, Yes right clicking brings up a menu, and red lights are on underneath the mouse, I have held down the tiny connect button underneath and it makes the red light glow more....Johndrew hope you didn't lose any sleep over this...

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Slept well, thanks!!

As woodchip says and I suspected, the right button working indicates the left has failed. Could be one of several things have failed but it isn't repairable. Sorry, new mouse.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Convincing leaked photos show iPhone 6

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014