We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Flash Player

moto19590

Likes # 0

Hi. Recently at work, I don't know what I did or what happened, but I lost Flash Player function. When I try to view certain things on the internet, I keep being told that I don't have Flash Player and install it now. Well I have installed it, removed it and re-installed many times now, but nothing changes. I wonder if I accidentally deleted something else which Flash needs. I just would like to have the complete set up back, so that I can still view/check things for our customers. Can someone please help? I am no expert but would like to put the situation back. Thank you.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I had the same problem and got fed up reinstalling it for it not to work. My problem I believe was that I had the zoom set to high and reduced it to 100% removed flash from the computer and rebooted and then installed the flash update again and it worked.

Lots of folk having problems with it so it is a bit hit and miss for repair. Can you download it to your computer without running it.Then remove the other one from add remove and reboot into safe mode and then run the one you have downloaded to your computer.

It took me almost a fortnight to get it sorted and was a bit frustrating.

A lot of programs use flash that is why it is better to reboot after uninstalling.

Like this post
moto19590

Likes # 0

Hi, sorry I have never got back to you on this. I did as you said, but nothing. I have deleted and reinstalled Flash Player so many times, I can't believe it. But I'm wondering if my problem is something else. Everything I try to look at on the internet tells me I need to download Flash Player. I have done this though, so something else must be wrong. Can anyone help me with this, as it makes me feel so useless that I can't sort it out? Thanks a lot.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Have a look here This resolves the registry permission issue. Please heed the warnings.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I should add that before trying the above do you use a registry 'fixing/cleaning' program? If so then check within the program to see if you have any restore points you can revert to and try Flash player again.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Did you reset your Zoom to 100% and try it that way.

View.Zoom, and if it is set above 100% change it and you can always put it back to where it was.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Latest version for I/E. link text

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Is this the actual Note 4 - video

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...