We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Firefox 4 woes

Glen

Likes # 0

Firefox 4.0.1 seems a disaster. Ever since I downloaded it (using Vista Business) Google is useless, and other search engines also freeze up or refuse to scroll. Is this a common problem. Should I go back to Version 3.6, and if so how do I do it? Glen

Like this post
Zurdo

Likes # 0

I'm still on Firefox 3 and will stay till I'm sure Firefox 4 is better. The latest Firefox 3.6.17 is here.......http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html

Like this post
Zurdo

Likes # 0

Just found how to put in a proper link.......d'oh. Firefox latest at link text

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Use Mozbackup to save all your bookmarks and settings before trying new versions. It is easier to go back.

Filehippo has all versions on one page.

Not Portable on that page but I just tried it to see if I did want to upgrade at last (without messing about uninstalling/re-installing main versions).

I gave up on that. Couldn't get my profile imported from 3.6.16 in spite of following ehow instructions. ehow Firefox Portable

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

An old thread so no doubt some spam has been removed. The problem has probably been fixed a few months ago so no use adding to it.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Oops must be on magic beans ignore last post.

Like this post
Glen

Likes # 0

Many thanks to Robinofloxley. I used Filehippo to go back to Firefox 3.6.17 and it worked perfectly. All my bookmarks remained intact. The problems were only with the search engines, which always froze, and were impossible to open or close down. Each time I needed to use the Task manager to close the program and start again. I will wait a few months and read how Version 4 is improved before I try it again.

Glen

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

if you look on you tube about speeding firefox or about:config

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks