We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Easynote R1005

davecooper

Likes # 0

I have a Packard Bell EasyNote R1005 which has been around a few years now. However, I was dissapointed that the Packard Bell support site does not even recognise this model. I am just trying to find some info on expanding the memory on this machine. I currently have only 512Meg of RAM in two 256Meg cards, one in each slot. I know what type of memory I need but do not know the maximum expandable size or how they should be configured. Do I need to fill both slots, also I have read that this machine can only be expanded to 1Gig, is this correct? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Your Packard Bell EasyNote DIMM Type: SODIMM, SO-DIMM, Small Outline DIMM Packard Bell EasyNote R1005 MAX RAM: 1GB

This EasyNote has memory slots/sockets: 2

Upgrade Size: 512MB

Memory Kit: 1x 512MB

Module PIN count: 200-PIN

Memory Generation: DDR Module Speed: PC2700, DDR333 MHz of Module: 333MHz Latency of Module: CL2.5

Like this post
davecooper

Likes # 0

Thanks Fruit Bat. So basically I need 2 x 512MB memory modules, one for each slot. Is that correct?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

yes

Like this post
davecooper

Likes # 0

Thanks very much.

Like this post
neildickinson

Likes # 0

Hi Fruitbat

hope you dont mind me jumping onto your reply

can I get access to both simm slots from under the battery?

thanks

Neil Dickinson

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

There is a cover on the bottom of the machine that gives you access to the extra memory slot.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made