We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Outlook 2010 from OE

Yimbo
Resolved

Likes # 0

Having had some problems with using Outlook Express since installing MS Office 2010, which includes Outlook, I have decided to bite the bullet and move to Outlook for emails. So, the first screen, on Outlook, tells me that it can carry over all my emails and addresses etc from OE "which Outlook has detected on your computer" This is what I certainly want to happen!

I clicked OK, and then get a second screen saying "loading profiles". However this "loading" has beein going on now for over two hours, with apparently no progress!

Am I just being impatient? Or am I missing something? Or what?

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Still loading? Sorry haven't done that before. Personally I haven't used OE for about 10 years.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

From the MS site..

link text

Like this post  
Yimbo

Likes # 0

I owe you guys a HUGE debt! I've perstered you for a long while!

However, I've just found that the "next step" in getting Outlook up and running, was hidden behind the "loading profile" window. Minimising this allowed me to continue, and, happy to say, all seems to be well. All my OE details have been transferred without a hitch, and I've been able to use Outlook without any further issues!

I'm now, of course, on a learning curve with Outlook, which seems a lot more complex than good old OE!!

So thank you very much for your patience - and help!

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Glad you're sorted. Outlook is great when you get used to it. I have all appointments, renewals etc in the calendar, so no more forgotten MOTs, dentist visits etc.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback