We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HP Support

highside

Likes # 0

Tried to find out why HP Support assistant doesnt work on my Pavilion, HP dont even recognise the Laptop on its own support site, Just one year old. Had bother with them before dont know why I bought HP again. Found a link to download SA for Win 7 (not specific to my laptop) but although it says succesful download it still does not work. It opens but only shows info that windows supplies and nothing about the computer itself. Any one been down this route please? At the moment I want to add RAM but cant see anywhere with any useful specifications, all i have is articles about how to physically replace RAM etc, not what it shoild be. Thanks for looking

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Try running the system scanner at Crucial.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Post the full model number which will be on the label at the bottom of the laptop. You should also find a service tag, probably on a white label.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

SIW Will tell you all the equipment in your laptop

Like this post
highside

Likes # 0

Model HP Pavilion 2250 dv7 Dual core 2-1 GHz standard 4 GB (2 GB in two slots.) Crucial doesnt list it either but helpful as usual, they can offer suitable RAM (It can take 8 GB dont know how much would be used but thats not the point) The HP built in programs ought to work and enable these things to be seen.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

There is a model number after the DV7 that should pinpoint the spec. Or have you got the SKU number which will most probably be on the box. If you can have a look on the existing memory there might even be some detail of what it is.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The pn number on the label may be more useful.

Like this post
highside

Likes # 0

Thanks for replies. The only other thing on label apart from S/N is Product: VJ230EA#ABH (and Win7 cert nos)

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

HP Details

It is the 2250ed

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

This may help DV7 - 2250ed

Did you buy the product in UK?

Like this post
highside

Likes # 0

Stupidly I missed the ed off. No bought from HP dealer in Malta

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV setup advice: Apple TV hacks to help you create the ultimate Apple TV hub in your home