We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Will my hardware work with windows 7??

julius44

Likes # 0

Hello and good afternoon to u all. I currently have a windows XP SP3 machine which is over 5 years old. In about a 8 days tine, i'll be taking delivery of a brand new 64 bit windows 7 desktop pc. I have 2 specific items of hardware that I need to know will be compatible with my new windows 7 system The first is my Epson DX4400 stylus printer...link is here: http://www.trustedreviews.com/Epson-Stylus-DX4400-All-in-OnePrinterreview The 2nd is my logitech easycall usb skype link is here http://www.gadgetspeak.com/gadget/article.rhtm/754/389228/LogitechEasyCalldesktopsetSkype.html They are both of sentimental value to me....and the logitech I purchased way back in early 2008 from kikatek on sale for just £35,....some websites now sell it for over £70!!! Also the logitech keyboard works 100% flawlessly with my itunes, skype, etc..so id prefer not to have to change it. So when i get my new desktop pc....do I just have to just re-install both cds from scratch and will everything be 100% ok??? Or will i have to start looking for new drivers, etc or will I no longer be able to use both of these please???? Any links suggestions etc most appreciated, many thanks Jules

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The place to start is here Windows 7 compability

click on hardware and input Epson DX4400 and it looks good Epson DX4400

the other places to look are the manufacturer's support sites.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The Logitech looks good too link text

Like this post
julius44

Likes # 0

may thanks, for that, the links have given me peace of mind. much appreciated.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

If your internet connection is an old modem check that. I had to get a new wireless/modem/router when I upgraded. ISP sen it free though.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite