We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Tranferring home videos to PS3

LeedsLass

Likes # 0

Hello

I have a Sony HDR XR520E video camera and have a load of High Def home videos on it (holidays and days out) that I want to put on my PS3 as well as burn to Blu-Ray disc (as backup).

How do I get the home videos onto the PS3? I (naively) thought I could just connect the video camera (being Sony) to the PS3 (also being Sony) and transfer them all over and then group them into one file (for each different holiday/days out) and then just be able to play them from the PS3 like I do recorded programs from my Virgin box.

Atm they are individual clips for every time the camcorder has been stopped and started (so loads of mini-clips throughout a 2 week holiday) - how do I group them all into one and then get them onto the PS3 as "Holiday 2010", "holiday 2011", etc. rather than all the individual 2/3/4/5 min clips?

Thanx in advance

Like this post
100andthirty

Likes # 0

This page covers support for the supplied software that came with your camera.

http://support.sony-europe.com/dime/camcorders/hd/hdh/hdh.aspx?site=odwenGB&m=HDR-XR520E

You might need it to help you transfer movies to your computer. I don't know the software and don't know if there's any form of software that allows you to assemble the individual file (clips) into an overall movie.

Assuming it doesn't, you need something like Windows Live Movie Maker. there are plenty of tutorials about to show you how to make a movie. When it's done, the various clips are made into a movie whic you could either burn to DVD and then import into the PS3, or save to USB stick and copy to the PS3.

Like this post
JennyZeng

Likes # 0

You may try "Any DVD Converter Pro" to help you out. It's easy to use and works perfectly in converting videos/dvds. You can get it by searching the name in Google.

Like this post
LeedsLass

Likes # 0

Thanx for your replies - most helpful - I shall investigate further :o)

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

You need to know the File format used by PS3 then convert the Video on your PC If PS3 as a CD player you should then be able to burn the converted filed to disc to play them in it

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room