We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

This site doesn't like my Firefox!

Chris the Ancient
Resolved

Likes # 0

If I try to log in whilst in Firefox...

I enter me email details as it requests.

I enter my password as it requests.

I click the 'Log In' button... and then it just sits there, sulking, with a caption of 'Please Wait'.

Is it me, my Firefox configuration or what?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

I have just had the same thing no matter how long I wait or press the wait button, I am using Flock Browser that uses Firefox Engine, I switched of the PCA tab then clicked on PCA in favourites and found I am logged in

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

PS

The PCA Site as more problems now than I can just about ever recall, My Posts as that many entry's for the same thread that it's become unusable just about

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

I use FF4

But I haven't logged in to PCA for about a year. I do it the easy way...

How to connect to PCA by logging in once, for the last time.

Right click and copy.

Right click your desktop

Hover over 'New' and click 'Shortcut' a box will open and ask you to type the location of the item.

Right click and click 'paste'.

Click 'Next' in the box labeled 'Type a name for the shortcut' type 'PCA'.

Click 'Finish'

Next time you want to go on PCA just the link and bypass logging in forever. I've done this with 6 different web addresses I regularly visit.

You can also of course change the picture.

Like this post
Chris the Ancient

Likes # 0

At leasy I'm not the only one with the problem!

Graphicool1

I've actually done that. It was just that I was already in Firefox, opened a new tab and tried coming in there... with no luck.

Supplementary question!

In the 'old' forum, it was possible to create a desktop shortcut that included the code to not only open the forum, but to enter one's log in details as well.

Anyone cracked that?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Graphicool1 That's okay as long as you do not clear out your cookies

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

woodchip

There's nothing wrong with clearing out your cookies, as long as you keep the ones you need. I use CCleaner, it keeps the special cookies safe.

Chris the Ancient

"not only open the forum, but to enter one's log in details as well."

That's what I was saying. Follow the instructions and you'll never have to log in again.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Graphicool1 Just tried it and still need to log on.Mind you I have set Firefox to remove cookies when closing down.So I still have to sign in using your method.

Like this post
Chris the Ancient

Likes # 0

Buteman

Same here!

Like this post  
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Hi buteman

In answer to...woodchip (just prior to your post...

"There's nothing wrong with clearing out your cookies, as long as you keep the ones you need. I use CCleaner, it keeps the special cookies safe"

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

There used to be an option to keep me logged in. This appears to have gone. I don't log out at the end of each session and don't delete PCA cookies and therefore don't have to log in every time and this is using 4 different browsers.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Complete guide to iPhone and iPad settings: Get to know iOS 8 Settings UPDATED