We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

This site doesn't like my Firefox!

Chris the Ancient
Resolved

Likes # 0

If I try to log in whilst in Firefox...

I enter me email details as it requests.

I enter my password as it requests.

I click the 'Log In' button... and then it just sits there, sulking, with a caption of 'Please Wait'.

Is it me, my Firefox configuration or what?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

As we just said, you can only stay logged on if you do not clear your cookies, This by the way is on the first page when you log on

Like this post
Chris the Ancient

Likes # 0

My last contribution on the matter

For many years, on the 'old' site, I had an extremely long shortcut on my desktop which contained the pca site address, my email address, my password and the link to the 'helproom' (along with other bits of code in it). OK, in most other people's mind it is a storm in teacup - and I accept that its loss is not the end of life, the universe and everything. It's just that I miss it now.

Clicking on that 'special' shortcut took me straight into the forum with a logged in status... it did not rely on cookies or anything else and it just worked at any time. That was what I was trying to regain.

I also find it 'unusual' that Firefox (my, and many other people's preferred) browser will not allow me to log into the site and wondered if it was just me, some of us or all of us. That was all.

End of subject as far as I'm concerned.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

I use the same system as Woolwell and it works fine with IE9, FF and Chrome (my default browser) using Win7. I don't have any trouble either using FF and Chrome in Ubuntu 11.04, which I now use more often for browsing than Win7 due to it's fast boot.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I don't mind logging back on but sometimes I forget to and add to a post only to find I have to sign in to post it.So of course if you sign in you lose what you have already typed. I am almost sure you had to be signed in before you could type in a reply on the old browser.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...