We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Delete Excel list of files

Nenad

Likes # 0

I hope someone can assist with what is probably something simple. I have deleted several files in Excel but they remain listed when I use File or when i open Excel. I can't see how to delete the names of the already deleted files from the list. Could someone point the way please?

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

I use Ccleaner Ccleaner Free and use it to clear history in applications. You can tick which applications you want it to clear history in.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Unless VOG know better then it may be a registry edit Delete documents but it depends on which version of Excel. The link is for 2007.

Like this post
Nenad

Likes # 0

Thank you guys. I used the Tools/Options suggestions and this has worked fine

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

Nenad

In Excel 2007 you can click on the top Left Hand button then on Excel Options/Advanced and take off the number of recently used files, then go back in and set the number to the number of files you need to see. That should have cleared them off and you will start afresh.

Cheers

TonyV

Like this post
Nenad

Likes # 0

Thanks Tony

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad