We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Blue Screen of Death

LeedsLass

Likes # 0

Hello

Recently started getting blue screen of death quite regularly. When it happens, it says this:

"*A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps: Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need. If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as chaching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical information: * STOP: 0x000000FA (0x00000001, 0xFC80360, 0xA89A2588, 0x00000BB5) * HTTP.SYS - Address A89A2588 base at A8999000, Datestamp 4adde33f

Beginning dump of physical memory Dumping physical memory to disk:*"

After, when Windows boots up again, WinPatrol pops up with a "New programe alert" asking if I apporove of the new program "%systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k" I always click on "NO"

But I'm more concerned as to why this blue screen of death has suddenly started happening. The first time it happened, I did a system resore to a time before the blue screen of death happened and it stopped for a bit but now it's happening regularly again.

HELP

Thanx in advance

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Having read this thread from malwarebytes maybe your computer has not been cleaned properly.If you get any further problems it may be best posting in The malware removal Forum for expert help.http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=48345

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Would a vaccuum cleaner be better than a hairdryer

Yes as it would suck dirt out rather than blow dirt into the innards of the laptop. Do not leave on grills for long and if you can adjust the suction(speed)then do at a reasonably low setting.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers