We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Window top bar off screen

cpn
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hello again. Can anyone help with this problem? Using windows media player when I reduce the size of the window from full screen to window size (not minimise) the top of the window is off the screen at the top of the screen and I am therefore unable to move it around. Does anyone know how to restore it to its usual state?

Like this post
Peter

Likes # 0

If you put the Window into the "Restore" state and then press and hold the left Alt Key, tap the space bar and then release the Alt Key. Press and release the "M" key and then use the navigation arrow keys to move the Window around the screen. Press the Enter key when you reach the desired location.

For finer control of movement of the Window combine the navigation arrow keys with the depresed and held down "Control" key.

Peter.

Like this post
cpn

Likes # 0

Hello Peter Tried what you suggested but it only moves the inner content of the window

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

F11

Like this post
cpn

Likes # 0

Hello Peter I got it sorted by right clicking in the task bar and using the move option. Many thanks for you advice it will be very usefull for the future for other situations Stephen

Like this post  
Peter

Likes # 0

Stephen,

Thanks for the info about right clicking on the task-bar icon; I hadn't thought about that one.

Peter.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...