We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Apple Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Talk Talk and Apple products

paulinemunro

Likes # 0

Hi I just switched over to Talk talk last week. I was previously with BT, but after having to reset the router every night about 20 times I decided to try a change.

Talk talk went live last week and straight away I noticed a huge difference, much faster and no disconnection. My daughter and myself use windows 7 on our lap tops and it works fantastically, but my eldest daughter uses a Mac, plus we both have iphones and the connection is awful! It can take over 5 mins to load a page. If we use our iphones we need to take wifi off and use 3G instead.

Have phoned talk talk today and they say the problem is not with them, because I can connect, the problem is with Apple themselves. I don't see it myself, there was never an issue with it before?

Anyone else had or got this problem, or any ideas how to sort it. I really don't want to have to change back to my useless BT connection, but if its the only way to get our Apple products working then I am going to have too.

Thanks

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

I can't see why there would be any problem connecting a Mac or iPhone to the Talk Talk router - after all, there's no drivers involved.

I have a Talk Talk router, the one that comes with the unlimited package, and it includes instructions for setting up a MAC OS device to use the router - have you followed these instructions?

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Have you checked that the Apple devices are connecting to the TT router and not someones BT Openzone or BT FON.

Occasionally have this issue after using the iPhone in town on a BT Openzone.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

That's a good point - Apple products do tend to think they're cleverer than their owners (which may well be the case, but I couldn't possibly comment) so will connect to networks automatically.

It's a long time since I worked with a Mac, but there should be an option to automatically connect to a network when it's in range, so make sure it's set to your Talk Talk router

Like this post
paulinemunro

Likes # 0

Thanks everyone, but we have already checked all the things you have mentioned, but still the connection is rubbish. I can't understand it either. Everything else works great, but iphone, mac and itouch just don't want to know.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

When you contacted Talk Talk about the problem, did you do it once, or have you tried with other people on their technical section.

I have found that some of the Talk Talk people can be very helpful, when others are not. You have to be firm and persist!.

The other solution for finding an answer, might be on the Talk Talk forum. They do have senior people monitoring their forum, who may offer help?.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad