We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Copying a folder

mo66ie

Likes # 0

Hi Probably silly question time but here goes: when I try to copy a folder from one disk to another, in this case two flash drives, I get a run time error which says: This application has requsted the /runtime to terminate it in an unusual way(whatever that means). Please contact the application's support team for more information. Ever tried to get info out of Microsoft. Blood from a stone springs to mind. Anybody out there got any (usefull) ideas which would be greatly appreciated. Regards Allan

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Not sure I can help but what is your operating system? What is the size of the folder? I understand that you are copying from one flash drive to another. Have you tried copying to hard drive and then to the other flash drive?

Like this post
mo66ie

Likes # 0

Hi Woolwell Sorry, meant to mention: My os is Vista Home Premium and the size is approx 2.6KB, only one file in the directory. I have found a work around by opening the file in the directory I want to copy, making a directory on the disk I want to copy to and the saving the file to that directory, a bit of a trek though. And no I havent't tried to coy to hard drive and out again. But I will next time, thanks for the memory jogger. BTW for directory read folder. :-) Regards Allan.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I have Vista and cannot replicate that snag. Have to wait for someone else to advise.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015