We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Printing part of PDF document

K*B

Likes # 0

Is it possible to print different pages or parts of a PDF document instead of print the whole document? I have a large PDF document but I need to print only 3 pages for filing. How do I go about it? Thanks.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

File - Print

Print range

put which pages you need in the pages box or make sure cursor is on relevant page and print one page at a time by selecting current page.

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

Due to the way some PDF files are created i.e. the first few pages may not be numbered putting the page numbers in the page box does not always work.

As FB,s second suggestion if you sellect the page from the PDF file click on print when the window opens sellect from the print range, current page. You will need to do this for each page.

Like this post
K*B

Likes # 0

Thanks friends, but what about extracting these parts/pages of the large pdf document and keeping on the hdd as another (but smaller) pdf file? How would I go about doing that? thanks.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Use PrimoPDF (Free Version) Primo Download Then as above print just the relevant pages and save the resultant file to your computer. This piece of software works like a printer but actually saves the file.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 1

Obviously you have to select PrimoPDF as your printer!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Depending on how the pdf file has been created, you may be able to select the portions that you want to extract, copy them and then paste the text into Word.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......