We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

blue screen

osmotherley

Likes # 0

My laptop has been stationary and has not been used for a few months now due to the blue screen of death. I can't even acess my homepage or anything as whenever i turn my computer on the blue screen appears, does anyone know how I can fix my Laptop? Thanks, Chloe

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Will it go to safe mode by tapping F5 or F8

If it will Do a System Restore to a Old Date

Like this post
osmotherley

Likes # 0

No, nothing is happening, thanks, Chloe

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

What message on the Blue screen?

Operating system?

Like this post
osmotherley

Likes # 0

It says on the Blue Screen......

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer,

Ntfs.sys

PAGEFAULTINNONPAGEDAREA

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears aga8n, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask yout hardware or software manufacyurar for any Windows updates you might need.

If prooblems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing/ If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:

* STOP: 0X00000050 (OXFFFFF98001880000, 0X0000000000000000, 0XFFFFF88001C423EE, 0X0000000000000000)

* Ntfs.sys - Address FFFFF88001C423EE base at FFFFF88001C37000, DateStamp 4a5bc14f

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

If you can get that it should boot to Safe Mode by tapping F5 as its booting,

PS it may take a bit longer than starting Windows Normal mode

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Ntfs.sys missing or corrupt error message click here

Like this post
osmotherley

Likes # 0

My Laptop has Windows 7 on it. Also when i turn my Laptop on a black screen comes on before the blue one saying: Intel UNDI, PXE-2.1 (build 082) Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation

For Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller v2.0.0.4(03/03/09)

CLIENT MAC ADDR: 00 1F 16AB 31 0E GUID: 7DFBD9A0-A4F0-11DE-BC96-CA4026A0D719

???

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Do a start up repair

As here

Tap f8 while first booting (or F5) to get to the menu

Like this post
osmotherley

Likes # 0

Just tried, and nothing

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Do you have a windows 7 DVD?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone Air release date rumours, specs, leaked photos: 5.5in iPhone 6 expected

IDG UK Sites

Alternatives to iPad Air: iPad Air vs best tablets from Samsung, Sony, Microsoft, Google & more

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Apple launches a new Swift blog, signaling language's importance