We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

To enlarge typed small text

K*B

Likes # 0

Friends, I have a document handout with text too small to read. 8 pages of the original document appears on 1 A4 page, hard copy. If these text pages were in soft form they could probably have been edited/enlarged in WORD or some other program. Unfortunately it is in hard form. How can I get each of these small typed pages onto an A4 sheet of its own? If scanning can be used, how would I go about it? Unfortuately I have no access to the soft form of the 8 pages squeezed onto 1 A4 page. Please help.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I would scan and then use an OCR program to transfer to Word. However the page could also be scanned as an image and enlarged but you would not be able to edit and the resolution of the original could mean that the final version doesn't look right.

Most scanners come with a basic OCR package.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Scan and copy - keep original

cut out each page of copy

Scan each cut out as an image

Paste images onto separate pages into a document and stretch each image until words are legible

print document and scan new document try OCR on new scan.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Or if you have access to a photocopier, copy A4 to A3 (enlarge 147%)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Invite confirms 9 September launch

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...