We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Monitor Display

cgh

Likes # 0

I run Windows Vista home premium and an Advent 19" back light monitor.

There is a problem with the display the icons are dispalyed on a black background and the normally blue background of the screensaver is only part displayed. Also when the screen starts up it flashes different colours until I switch the screen off and on.

The display of the screen:the type has decreased without me changing it

I have tried the following to no avail contact with Pc World and the helpdesk and Acer.

Acer suggested that the screen was at fault however running the safe mode mode and system restore returned the icons and screen display but with the safe mode resolution. I am not able to replicate this resolution to normal mode

System restore run in safe mode/F8 /F3 uninstalling the monitor.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Have you got a Graphics Card in your PC. If so it may be worth re-seating it or it may be becoming Faulty.

Turn off > Open up > Take it out > Put it back in > Turn back on.

Safe Mode usually reverts to the On-Board Graphics.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Safe mode reverts to the base mode of whatever graphics device is enabled in BIOS, otherwise you would have to swap the cable from your graphics card the on board graphics port every time you went into safe mode :0)

If its OK in safe mode then you probably have a driver problem.

Uninstall and reinstall the graphics drivers.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers