We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Warning IE script causing slowdown?

Diemmess
Resolved

Likes # 0

A fault, new to me is showing as a warning box popping up whenever I open an email option. (BT Yahoo IE8)

Windows Internet Explorer

*Stop running this script? A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly.

If it continues to run your computer might become unresponsive.

Stop running this page Yes - No*

If I click on Yes, the box disappears and I can do what I want, until next time I go to email.

Have closed and reloaded email, rebooted from cold, and run Supermalwarebytes without making any difference. The box pops up, I click 'Yes' The box disappears and all seems normal until next time.

Can anyone offer a reason/solution for this happening which seems more nuisance than threat?

Like this post
Snrub

Likes # 0

Think its just BT Yahoo site unresponsive problem at moment. Checked on 2 computers and BT Yahoo site is not responding for home page and e-mails but calander working ok. Same problem shows on IE and Chrome.

Like this post
Snrub

Likes # 0

BT Yahoo now working properly.

Like this post  
Diemmess

Likes # 0

Thanks Snrub. Problem has gone away here too!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made