We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

script running on this page ?

greyballs
Resolved

Likes # 0

hi i have just uninstalled IE9 apart from not to happy with it,my home page would not load.so iam back to IE8 but while the page is loading a message box appears "script running if this continues it may make you machine unstable" so i click on the yes box to stop whatever, but the box keeps reappearing. (my home page bt yahoo)any thoughts or ideas would be great thanks

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

I would think you haven't completely removed IE9 and part of it is still on the PC. Perhaps running Ccleaner or similar may help or checking 'Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Computer Management/Event Viewer/System' to see if there is anything there that helps. Failing that you may need to reinstall IE9 and uninstall it again.

Alternatively there may be a solution here: link text

Like this post
greyballs

Likes # 0

thanks for that john ,will give Ccleaner a run then i will try a system restore,am running a full scan at the mo to make sure all is as it should be. (bt netprotect plus)

Like this post
siouxah1

Likes # 0

Funny old things happening GB's.

I am running ie7 and am having the same problem. It takes about 7 or 8 yes activations to get to home page.

BT Yahoo is the home page.

I have not fixed it yet so have migrated to FireFox for the time being.

I had just downloaded and installed Irfanview and add ons. Thought that was the problem. But don't know now.

Like this post
siouxah1

Likes # 0

Even funnier. It appears to have cleared itself for me. I suspect it was the web site having problems.

Like this post  
greyballs

Likes # 0

hi siouxah1 yep i think you are right all is fine on my machine now, although for now i will stick with IE8.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes