We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Important Advice About Itunes For New Desktop Please!!!

julius44

Likes # 0

Hello and good morning to you all. I need some help and very important advice please. I currently have an XP 32 bit desktop PC, and I've just ordered a brand new 64 bit windows 7 desktop machine. My itunes library with is currently stored on an external hard drive...and I have loadz of playlists that ive made...which took me AGES to make. I'd like to transfer ALL my playlists from my old XP desktop, to my new windows Desktop, once my new desktop arrives....and Im hoping that this is possible and the easiest way to do this please. My external drive is where all my music is, its a 1 TB seagate external hard drive. ....for those that are familiar with itunes...under the advanced settings I did the following: Itunes Media folder location:E(my external hard drive) Keep itunes media folder organised( the box is ticked) Copy files to itunes media library when adding to library(box also ticked)

Many thanks

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Apple Support shows how to back up lirary to external hard drive and restore to another computer

Like this post
julius44

Likes # 0

Thanks for link bremner, and you are right, it does show how to back up library to external drive, which i've done before with no probs, BUT it doesn't mention anything about how I can transfer all my playlists from my old pc to my new pc. I'm just concerned as ive made quite a few itunes playlists. My current system is Windows 7 XP 32 bit. My new system is going to be a 64 bit windows 7 machine.....so i'm looking for info how on keeping my playlists on my new pc when i install itunes on it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...