We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

MS Office Professional Plus 2010

Yimbo
Resolved

Likes # 0

I've been given a birthday present of the above - 2 DVD's and 1 CD. No other items such as a Booklet or instructions. I'd like help with:

1. Advice on the order of installing the discs.

2. Do I need to uninstall beforehand my present MS products - Word 2002; Works 7.0; Works Suite add-in for MS Word; PowerPoint Viewer 2007 - or will the new product just up-date as necessary?

Thanks!

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Following this ~ Bump

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Install the application DVD first - disc 1

Then try out the software. The other DVD is a resource, and you will almost certainly not need it.

You don't need to uninstall anything first - it will all still be there if you want to keep it, but unless you're using MS Works there's not much point.

Install the new software first, and then see how you get on with it.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

I installed this for a couple of student clients over the last month and if you choose the custom install you will find that by default, the removal of older MS Office components is selected. I seem to recall that there is a warning that changing this could cause conflicts.

The main disc is the one with the license Key on the reverse which FE refers to. The other two discs are ancillary programs which you may or may not want to install depending on your course studies. Altogether a great birthday present - enjoy!

Like this post  
Yimbo

Likes # 0

Thank you FE and Taff - your comments are very helpful! Much appreciated!

Sorry Taff - I don't know how to insert the TM part of your name!

Thanks again!

Like this post
Yimbo

Likes # 0

Installed and up and running! No problems (so far!!!)

Thanks folks for your help!!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...