We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Burning dvd`s to portable harddrive

rob37

Likes # 0

Can anyone advise me on the best free program to burn dvds to my portable hard drive?

Thanks

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Burn the DVD to your hard drive. With the portable hard drive connected, open computer as this will show your portable. Open your portable HDD from there. Drag and drop the DVD from your HDD to your portable HDD.

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Use Imgburn its free and rip to your portable .Why do the job twice Rob?

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Sorry forgot the link http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

Like this post
rob37

Likes # 0

I have went on to the img website, which one do I download..AVS video convertor,imgburn v 2.5.50, 2.5.40 or 2.5.30 or does it matter?

To be honest I dont really understand any of the jargon, it may as well all be in Swahili as far as am concerned!

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

You don't burn DVD's to a hard drive.

You burn data from a hard drive to a DVD.

All you need to do is copy the data as stated by rdave13

Like this post
rob37

Likes # 0

Cheers for that bremner, you really cleared things up there.

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

imgburn v 2.5.50, 2.5.40 or 2.5.30 or does it matter? Yes it matters two different things and avs Is not free. Get imgburn v 2.5.50,Mirror 8 for the download .If these are movies then its just what you need only a matter of choosing create image file from disc

Like this post
rob37

Likes # 0

I have just downloaded img burn and tried to copy some dvd`s but I keep getting Copyright Protecton System Type CSS/CPPM
this disc is copy protected, sorry imgburn cannot read copy protected discs.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

Nobody here is going to tell you how to circumvent copy protection. It's illegal.

Like this post
rob37

Likes # 0

So,if I buy a dvd and copy it to my own portable hard drive so I can watch it when I go back to sea in a week or two, I will be breaking the law, even though I will be the only one watching it, and I will have the original at home. I dont think so!

I am only trying to get some advice on how to copy movies to my own portable hdd to save me carting dvd`s all over the place.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Exclusive: Samsung exits laptop market including Chromebooks

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features