We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

No response when attempting to open a "favourite"

runnerpete

Likes # 0

The following problem has suddenly occured for the first time today. Everytime I click on one of my listed "favourites" to open that particular webpage, I get no reponse whatsoever. I have also now tried to "add" a webpage to my "favourites" and have been unable to do so, instead getting the message "unspecified error" My OS is Windows XP and I use Internet Explorer. Any help or suggestions etc would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks RP.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

What version of IE?

Like this post
runnerpete

Likes # 0

Sorry No 8

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

First thing I'd try is to close the browser, log off then log in again. Open IE8 and see if it's loaded ok this time.

Like this post
runnerpete

Likes # 0

Sorry, still not working.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Have you tried re-Booting your PC?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

System restore to before 1 May?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Try resetting the browser to default. Tools- internet options- Advanced tab and reset tab. Re-enable your addons a few at a time in case it's one of those that's creating the problem (such as a toolbar). If you use iespell you'll need to reinstall.

Like this post
runnerpete

Likes # 0

rdave13..apologies for not responding..only just found your response,

I have done what you suggested, sorry still no joy. One thing i find weird this. below the address bar, you see file, edit, favourites, tools, help. If i click on favourites here, and then select one of my favourites, all i see is the option to "print this page" ??? Does this give you any clues or help. Regards, RP

Like this post
Snrub

Likes # 0

Key in the (url) website address in your search bar of your browser and see if it brings up the site. If it does save in favourites amd assuming that this new favourites favicon works delete the old one.

Like this post
Snrub

Likes # 0

Alternatively, try tomorrow in case the website was down.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote