We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

FormMain_PMmonitor icon

bpzoom
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have Windows7. Just recently every time I boot up an icon has appeared in the task bar which I have not seen before. After a short period it disappears. This last time I went straight into Task Manager and found a process running called FormMain_PMmonitor. I terminated it. A Google did not bring up any result. Has anyone seen this or know what it might be please? Is there any way of checking what it is doing while it is visible?

Like this post
Thalmus

Likes # 0

I got no idea what it is. If it is starting at startup then maybe you can identify it by typing msconfig into the search box and pressing enter. In the window that opens goto the startup tab and have a look there.

For the acutall process itself you can use Process Monitor which may give you some more useful info

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Not knowing whether this is your PC or one belonging to a company, there is a tool that permits monitoring of messages called PM Monitor link text

Like this post
bpzoom

Likes # 0

JohnDrew, Thank you. It is my private PC at home, apart from my wife who sometimes logs in to her internet account, no one else uses the machine. Is FormMain_PMmonitor an addon provided by Microsoft which I just ignore? Or is it an external entrant trying to monitor my activity do you think?

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Definitely a third party program but if it is the same I have no idea where you got it from - unless your wife/children/other is checking on you???

Like this post
bpzoom

Likes # 0

johndrew, thank you! I have found out what it is. I noticed last week that IOBiT had heavily updated their Advanced System Care freeware program. The home page is entirely revised. Part of the revision includes this new object which I have been worrying about. I went into Task Manager and right clicked FormMain_PMmonitor, then clicked show process, and there it was. I will just ignore it now I know it is connected with existing system maintenance freeware. Thanks again.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

O2 to sell exclusive red HTC One M8

IDG UK Sites

iTunes 12 release date & rumours: When is iTunes 12 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger