We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Has anyone used Driver Genius 10

Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Up till now I've mainly used DriverMax, but I've had many system crashes and rejections using their drivers. So when Serif offered this 49% off deal, at £12.95 instead of £25.52. I got to thinking perhaps i should take it.

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

I never replace drivers,unless theres a problem,and then from the manufacturers website for free.Others may have a different opinion.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

why not just set up a fav folder with a favourite link for each diver on your system and a list of driver versions. then manually check once a month no errors that way.

Like this post
smoking44

Likes # 0

Never used paid for programs for driver updates, found them unreliable. I use driver Pack Solution (free) every driver you will ever need. http://drp.su/ As above, if working fine why update?

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

"Having out-of-date drivers can cause your PC to freeze or run slowly, and force applications to quit."

I know the above is true, I had an ASUS Mobo crying out for new drivers, but ASUS were saying I had the latest ones. DriverMax said they had what my elen year old Mobo needed, however they didn't work. In the end the Mobo went belly up. After I'd coddled together another PC with bits salvaged from the old one and was back online I received an email from ASUS saying they had the drivers my Mobo needed! Tell me about it?

"Driver Genius 10 detects any issues and finds effective driver solutions. This efficient software automatically seeks and identifies drivers that have updates available – simply select the drivers you wish to update. You can even back-up your drivers and restore them in a click – perfect if you are migrating to a new PC!

What the Experts Have to Say...

Driver Genius 10 is receiving great reviews from the experts. Here's what some of them have said...

Micro Mart "A really clever and useful piece of software."

PC Advisor "Driver Genius makes it easy to ensure all your drivers are up-to-date and helps to get your system running that little bit smoother. In the event of a system crash, this piece of software should be an invaluable time-saving tool."

Tech-Review.co.uk "The ultimate program for managing computer hardware problems and fixing them."

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Well all you have to lose is thirteen squids! Before you mess around with your drivers, might be worth making a backup of them.

Double driver will do this and it's a freebie. Have a read here; Double Driver.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite