We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Imageshack or better?

Diemmess
Resolved

Likes # 0

Over the years I've noticed how much easier to explain a point with a picture (louder than words!)

I would appreciate members' recommendations on which Website to use and any snags which may be lurking in the background?

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Dropbox would be an idea these days wouldn't it?

Can link to files, photo galleries and folders then.

How to link with Dropbox

Like this post
VoG II

Likes # 0

My preference for pictures is link text

For other files I use link text

But a lot of this is down to personal preference.

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

Thanks for good concise suggestions.

Any snags to watch for?

At present I shall use this rarely, but want a facility which fills the bill without fuss on those rare occasions.

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

As with VoG having been around most of them I have settled on tinypic

Does the job

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I use Photobucket. Make sure your account is private and log off after use. Used it for years and quite happy with it. As above - it's personal preference.

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

Anyone or rdave13 -

Have registered with Photobucket and uploaded a pic. Now what?

Have already been told I should have a private a/c and to log off. So far am Public and didn't log off, but should be able to correct that.

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

.........Drat, posted the previous one unfinished!

How do I construct and place a link to this picture in a PCA forum? It would seem to have to be as HTTP.......etc

(Using BT Yahoo and IE8)

Like this post
anchor

Likes # 0

Here is an example using Imageshack. You open the reply section, and click on the globe symbol with an arrow to open the http link. You can rename the link to whatever you wish.

my picture

About this picture: I recently celebrated my birthday, and knowing that I am keen on my satnav, one of the family sent me this card. It amused me.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

If the Link Icon does not show, as its not doing for me at the moment above the box you post messages. Just copy paste the Address from the Page you want to link to. As anybody that knows how to use a comp can copy your link into a browser Address Bar then press enter

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Just uploaded this image, show link

Circled in red is where you get the direct link. Left click to auto copy then you can paste here via the hyper link.

You should get this, screen shot

After all this I hope I got it right...

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

How to watch the Windows 9 launch event: no live video stream so catch our Windows 9 launch live...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Photoshop for Chromebook: a full version of Adobe's art & photography software will be streamed to...

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK