We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New Computer

m800afc

Likes # 0

I'm sure that regular readers of the forum will breathe a huge sigh of relief to learn that I have decided to bite the bullet and invest in a new computer. My main use will be photographic editing using CS5 extended and for vector I am using Magix Extreme Pro 6. I am aiming for bags of memory, and bags of speed. Arthritis and brain-fade mean that I am not an extreme game player, but might play more than match-three and hidden object. I don't need a case with flashing lights but that is not a deal breaker. A small but important requirement is that the top of the case is flat enough to have my external drives sat on it. I have been looking at Chillblast

link text

but am open to suggestions. Price is not a problem, but I would like value for money. I only need the base unit as I am keeping my twin monitors and illuminated keyboard. I would greatly appreciate your advice on improving/tweaking the spec.

Cheers all.

Like this post
bobbybowls

Likes # 0

If you are willing/capable of building it yourself you could save a bit of money using your present case and other bits like HD/dvd drives etc.

Also i see you have a ssd drive specified. the guy in my local pc shop advised me against installing one, he said that they only have a limited number of read/write times which is ok for a memory stick but not for the constant read/writes in a windows pc.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

EE brings 4G LTE to Cornwall and a total of 21 new towns

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

5 things Android Wear *can't* do: Smartwatch OS is great but not flawless

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks