We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

windows update failures

minilite
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have windows 7 x 64bit and keep getting updates failures for the following updates kb2515325, kb2522422,kb2492386,kb982018. Microsoft state that it is kb982018 that is causing the problem and to give Full control to the following , Everyone,Administators, User, System. by applying a GRO to reverse the explicity deny security and give full control to the above then install the updates and when complete reverse the GRO
My question is how does one do this,what screen do i go into to do this

• Tags:
  • my
Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Assume you mean Group Policy Order GPO

Click here

Like this post
minilite

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat /\0/\ Thank you for replying ,but how do i get to the Group Management screen,on windows 7 I have tried Windows+R and typed in gredit.msc and it states this is not the screen please advise

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

gpedit.msc

you need to be an administrator to do it

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

I notice that this facility is not available on Home Premium 7, so us lower echelons can't get it!

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

I had the same problem. In the end, I accessed Windows Updates via the start menu and installed them one at a time. That did the trick. I suggest you do the other three first and leave the troublesome one to last.

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

PS - this did not involve any need for admin access

Like this post
minilite

Likes # 0

Thank you all for responding,and i found that Quiz man suggestion worked ,but i stopped short at installing Internet Explorer 9 as i have heard there are a few quirks with it,so i will install it later.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...